VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
We are looking for a Python Developer responsible for helping to develop a machine learning application. Your overall task will be working with experienced data scientists to test different methods of solving a supervised classification predictive analytics problem. Sub-tasks are: development of data ingestion and pre-processing code, running multiple models (generally sourced from scikit-learn), evaluating the fit of the models, and preparing to port the code into an HDFS production environment.
• Working under direction of data scientist to develop an efficient solution to a predictive analytics problem, testing a number of potential ML solutions
• Debugging and generally supervising code production, validation and testing
• Preparing the code and documentation for transfer to a high-capacity batch production environment
• Executing sub-tasks as outlined in the job description
• Expert in Python 2 and 3 programming and machine learning/predictive analytics
• Familiarity with Python package scikit-learn and Apache Spark under Azure/HDInsight environments
• Prior experience working in an Anaconda / Jupyter iPython notebooks development environment
• Ability to work with a team of data scientists • Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Usage of code versioning tools such as Git